Monday, August 4, 2008

Pepper crusted steak with horseradish sauce

For us the meat was the 4.99 filet from Manninos Market, but I think you could use your favorite cut.

I brushed the steaks with olive oil and then topped with the pepper gently pushing the pepper into the steak.

I used Durkee Six Pepper Blend, but I think any corse pepper would work.

Sauce

For the sauce beat 3/4 cup Heavy Cream until thick. Add 3 Tbs Dijon Mustard and 3 Tbs horseradish and mix well.

Spoon over steaks and add minced parsley for garnish.



4 comments:

Lori said...

Awwweee num!! Well I know what I'm trying tonight!! Thanks!! You are the best - maybe you can come back and cook for us?!!

Anonymous said...

That makes my mouth water! I hope we can do as good as you are doing with grilling. See you on Saturday!

Chad said...

@Lori - I would love to cook for you all. I was hoping to before we moved. I will let you know when we are back. If you try it let me know how it turned out.

@Jane - We are looking forward to Saturday. I know whatever you make will be great.

Lori said...

I shoulda hired you as my chef while you were here!! NOW you bring out all of these recipes!! Just kidding!! The steak and sauce were delicious - I actually made it again tonight and nailed it this time - last time I didn't have all of the proper ingredients! Yummo!!