Thursday, August 7, 2008

Carmel Corn



Ingredients
8 cups popper popcorn
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Put popcorn onto a baking pan.

Put brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt into a saucepan over medium heat.

Stir with wooden spoon until butter melts and everything is mixed. Continue cooking until mixture starts to boil. Cook for 5 more minutes without stirring.

Remove from burner and add baking soda and vanilla. Pour over the popcorn and gently mix covering the popcorn.

Put baking pan into 300 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan and stir the popcorn mixture and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.

Place in a large bowl and let cool.

3 comments:

Finley Day said...

That's it, I'm moving in! I want potato pancakes, steak and caramel corn for my first meal. I'll clean the dishes to earn my keep.

Chad said...

You know you all are welcome anytime. And maybe if the house in MN sells we can actually come out to visit sometime.

margaret said...

This is my kind of cooking...YUM!