Friday, October 24, 2008

a note from "Real" America



So recently there has been talk about the "Real" America and the "Real" Virginia and so on.

So today I am going to step up and tell you something about what is real and not real. I don't care who it upsets. I don't care what your views are I am going to declare it loud and proud.

REAL CHILI DOES NOT HAVE BEANS.

There, I said. And I'm not going to do some back peddling announcement on CNN to try please those who put beans in their chili that I didn't really mean it. I said it and I mean it.

And for heavens sake, it sure as heck isn't served over spaghetti.

Here in "Real" America we call that spaghetti sauce.

3 comments:

margaret said...

Thank goodness someone has finally said it. AMEN!

Jane said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA, Chad! I am laughing so hard right now. David will be so pleased with your views on beans. He think beans are from the devil. HA HA HA HA

Chad said...

@ margaret - it's good to have support of "real" chili Americans. I don't care what any polls say

@ jane - tell your husband he is a "real" chili American, not like those fake chili Americans in Cincinnati. If you eat chili in something called a "chili parlor" that's not real chili. And I mean seriously, over spaghetti?