Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Neighbors

I met our immediate neighbors the day we closed on the house. Val was off getting her drug test and physical while I hung around the house.

They are both retired for the school district Cooper will be attending. She was a third grade teacher at the school cooper will be attending and he was a superintendent. They have already given us some helpful advice and Val used their names when signing Cooper up for school.

Also, they have a big blackberry bush that they don't eat blackberries so when my parents were here we harvested a bunch of those. They also have apple, pear and pecan trees that they don't pick, so we may be the gleaners of their yard. They have given us some zucchini and squash from their garden as well as zucchini bread.

The day we moved in at least 4 families came over to say hello, including the people who live kind of behind us. They have 3 kids. Two boys on either side of Cooper and a girl I think is 5. Cooper and their boys have become quick friends. He spends a lot of time riding bikes and playing with them.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ooooooooo that is super cool! It is so nice when you have really nice neighbors and neighbors with kids who get along and play together!!

I may have to come and raid (sp?) their back yard for those pecans as well! My favorite!!

margaret said...

Did she pass her drug test?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, I passed my drug test, I think. No one's called yet, so I guess everything's ok. If they tested for caffeine, I would be in trouble.

I had a bunch of blood work drawn, too. Again, I guess no news is good news.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.